MISSION (Our Core Purpose)
School District 197 provides a challenging educational environment that instills in each student a lifelong passion for learning, empowers all students to achieve their personal goals and academic potential, and prepares them to be responsible citizens in an interconnected world.
VISION (What We Intend to Create)
- Comprehensive and exemplary academic and co-curricular programs and services.
- Rigorous 21st Century curriculum and instruction based on current research and best practices.
- A safe and respectful learning community.
- A welcoming environment that embraces diversity.
- The leading educational choice in the community.
CORE VALUES (What Drives Our Words and Actions)
- Accountability: Upholding a shared commitment to achieving goals, producing measurable results, and ensuring transparent communication.
- Collaboration: Engaging in partnerships founded on interdependence, trust, and transparency.
- Curiosity: Inspiring a lifelong desire to learn and grow.
- Equity: Providing all students with equitable access to educational resources and opportunities.
- Excellence: Setting high expectations and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Innovation: Encouraging creative problem solving, critical thinking, and risk taking.
- Respect: Demonstrating personal responsibility, holding high regard for self and others, and honoring individual gifts, talents, and perspectives.
- Stewardship: Allocating resources in a wise and sustainable manner to cost-effectively achieve our vision.
GOALS (How We Focus the Allocation of Resources)
A. Achieve measurable growth and continuous progress for each student.
B. Narrow the achievement gap.
C. Personalize learning by offering multiple pathways and opportunities for students to explore individual interests and talents.
D. Prepare students to be career or college ready.
E. Deliver high impact early learning opportunities.
F. Transform teaching and learning through the innovative use of technology and other non-traditional methods and media.