OUTCOMES THAT MATTER TO ALL (EmPowerED Plan Goals)
- Have equitable access to learning tools across all grades/schools
- Graduate with the 21st century skills needed for college and careers including
- creativity and innovation
- critical thinking and problem solving
- communication and collaboration
- information literacy
- flexibility and adaptability
- initiative and self-direction
- Have a degree of choice about what is learned, when it is learned and how it is learned based on how they learn best.
- Operate in an environment that encourages teachers to be innovative and supports taking instructional risks.
- Have participated in a minimum of 10 hours of professional development to develop a high degree of confidence in using technology in the classroom.
- Implement common, highly-effective instructional strategies to transform learning through technology and other non-traditional media.
- Personalize learning by adjusting the pace (individualization), adjusting the approach (differentiation), and connecting to the learner's interests and experiences.
An EmPowerED School District...
- Demonstrates how technology use has a positive impact on student achievement and growth.
- Demonstrates to the community that we are responsible stewards of our financial resources.
- Informs stakeholders about our outcomes, processes and practices as directed by the strategic framework.
- Is recognized for its innovative practices.