VOTE NOVEMBER 4
Technology - Security - Stadium
Focused on our Future.
On Aug. 4, the District 197 School Board voted unanimously to place three funding questions before voters on Nov. 4, 2014. The decision was based on several years of study by district committees, careful planning and engagement with the community regarding the initiatives that did not pass on May 6, 2014.
There will be three ballot questions on Nov. 4:
- Question 1: Request a renewal and increase of the Technology (Capital Projects) Levy to $1.2 million annually for 10 years that would be used to:
- Equip classrooms with technology for students so that skilled teachers can:
- personalize learning – give teachers the ability to adjust the content, pace and approach to learning based on individual student needs.
- incorporate relevant and current online educational resources into their lessons.
- facilitate online testing and assessment, which can provide immediate feedback to teachers and students regarding progress and mastery of material.
- prepare students for college and careers after graduation.
- Maintain and replace current technology systems, hardware and infrastructure (servers, phones, websites, devices, etc.)
- Question 2: Request approval of a Building Bond for Security of $3.2 million that would be used to:
- Update and improve security at all school buildings by adding cameras, remodeling the front entrances to all schools and upgrading features like lockdown buttons and more.
- Question 3*: Request approval of a Building Bond of $4.5 million that would be used to:
- Construct a multi-use athletic facility on the campus of Henry Sibley High School
If voters approve all three ballot questions, the tax impact to a district homeowner with a home value of $200,000 would be approximately $32 per year ($2.67 per month).
*Passage of question three is contingent upon the passage of both questions one and two.
Email email@example.com or call the referendum hotline at 651-403-7557.