Community members and organizations are invited to apply to use School District 197's facilities. School District 197 Community Education oversees facility use for the school district. Please complete a Facility Usage Permit Application (below). The form must be submitted at least 14 days before the event. If your event permit is approved, you will be billed a $20 application fee. *Note, District 197 does not allow indoor or outdoor rentals for adult athletic programs.
Requests for facility use must be submitted by all groups (school, school-sponsored and non-school) to the facility scheduler at least 14 days prior to the intended date.
The facility scheduler maintains a complete schedule of use for the district’s facilities. Priority for use of facilities is based on the following provided facility is available:
- District 197 School events
- District 197 Community Education programs
- District 197 School sanctioned booster organizations
- Meetings sponsored by local civic and tax supported agencies which are of general interest, educational, and open to the public with free admission.
- Resident Youth nonprofit organizations with 75%+ District 197 students
- Resident Youth Parks and Recreation youth events or programs
- District residents (non-commercial)
- Organized community services, citizens and civic groups (Lions, Rotary, Legion, etc.)
- Political party meetings and conventions
- Non-Public Schools
- Resident business organizations
- Resident special interest groups (*admission charged)
- Non-resident, non-profit organizations
- Community benefits/fundraisers are considered nonprofit
*Legally designated, non-profit community service groups sponsoring paid-admission type activities shall submit a statement to the Director of Community Education indicating proceeds from the event will be used locally for charitable purposes. If no letter is submitted, the group will be considered a for-profit organization.
- Non-resident business orgaizations
- Organizations located outside district boundaries whose participants equal less than 75% of district residents.
Scheduling priorities are in accordance with School District 197 Management Regulations, MR9.45a. Fee schedules should not be confused with scheduling priorities. Occasionally it is necessary to cancel permits as a result of unforeseen circumstances. However, this is kept at a minimum.
Applications for rentals will be confirmed after District 197 events are processed. Occasionally, district events must be rescheduled, which supersede permit holders. You accept this risk when signing your permit.
District 197 facilities are available to non-school affiliated organizations or groups when school programs are not in operation.
Weekday rentals are available from 6-9:30 pm. Weekend rentals are available from 8 am - 9:30 pm.
District 197 reserves the right to refuse or cancel rentals based on the impact of use, maintenance, or not adhering to facility use expectations. Groups who disrespect district property will have their permit cancelled and be refused for future rental.
Proof of insurance is required with ISD 197 listed as additional insured. The coverage amount, per statute, is a minimum of $500,000 per occurrence/$1,500,000 aggregate
Any use of concessions, vendors, food trucks, etc. on school property must adhere to any and all city ordinances and must give advance notice. Use of kitchen facilities/equipment must be coordinated in advance through the Facilities Coordinator. A food service employee must be present when using the kitchen. If you are serving food, please refer to the Compost and Recycling Standards for District 197.
1. Applicants agree to protect, indemnify and hold harmless District 197 and its officers and employees from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, or rights of action, directly or indirectly, growing out of the use of the premises covered by the permit if insurance is required. ISD 197 is not responsible for loss, damage or destruction of personal property. District 197 assumes no liability in connection with the use, loss or damage of equipment belonging to the renter.
2. District 197 reserves the right to nullify rental agreements that conflict with school activities even though such activities may be scheduled after validation of the rental agreement.
3. Rental agreements are non-transferable. Subleasing is not allowed.
4. Facilities may not be used for games of chance, lotteries or activities classified as gambling. Use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, smoking or vaping is prohibited.
5. No-shows or cancellations without 48 hour notice will incur the full rental cost and staff fees. There are no refunds for weather unless District 197 issues a weather-related school cancellation.
6. You will be invoiced at the completion of your permit date(s). Balances are due within 30 days of receiving an invoice. Prepayment may be required for permits over $750. A damage deposit may be required. Failure to pay will result in future permits being denied.
7. A group representative must be present to supervise its members and ensure they are in the assigned area treating the facility with respect. Youth must be supervised at all times. 8. Propping doors to let participants into the building is strictly prohibited
9. Custodians are not responsible for arranging rooms, technology assistance or rental clean up. Additional building equipment / set-up requirements must be listed on your permit. Services or assistance for set-up or takedown must be negotiated in advance and noted on your permit.
10. Clean up is required before exiting. Turn off all lights and electronics. If custodial cleaning time is required after your rental, your group will be billed accordingly. Do not disturb classroom materials, equipment, whiteboards, etc. Arrange desks, tables, chairs, etc. as you found them. No glitter allowed. Additional charges for equipment damage may apply. 11. Organizations must provide their own sports equipment. Use of school equipment is prohibited without consent. All equipment must be removed from the site after rental is completed.
12. Arriving early or staying past the permit end time is not allowed. Include set-up, tear-down, clean up, and discussion time in your reservation request. Renters who enter early or stay beyond their rental time will incur early entrance/late exit fees of $10 for every 10 minutes plus the hourly rate for the extended time.
13. Only Certified Service Animals are allowed inside or on District 197 grounds. Domestic pets of any kind are not allowed on fields, grass areas, inside Matson Complex or Warrior Field.
14. LIVEGREEN is the district's sustainability program that promotes energy saving, recycling and other green initiatives throughout the district. See https://www.isd197.org/resources/livegreen to learn more about supporting this effort.