Free COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing
Free drive-thru COVID-19 testing is available Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at Dakota Child and Family Clinic and the Northern Service Center.
- If you don't have a vehicle or would prefer to walk-thru, we can still test you.
- Free and open to everyone (no age or location requirements)
- No symptoms, insurance or ID required
- Test results take 3–7 days to process, rapid tests are not available
- Testing is administered by professional medical staff
- Nose swab viral test (antibody blood tests are not available)
Hours and Location
Dakota Child and Family Clinic, 2530 Horizon Drive, Burnsville
Wednesdays, 3–7 p.m.
Sundays, noon –4 p.m.
Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Road West, West St. Paul
Saturdays, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, call 612-223-8838.
When you call, someone will help you find a day and time that works best for you. They will ask for your name and phone number to confirm your appointment. You can make an appointment for yourself, family members and friends.
Minnesota Department of Health - Free Testing
In order to expand access to free, “no barrier” COVID-19 testing, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) today announced 11 new longer-term COVID-19 testing sites will open across Minnesota in the coming weeks. Ten of the testing sites will be at National Guard Armories in Albert Lea, Anoka, Crookston, Fairmont, Hibbing, Hutchinson, Inver Grove Heights, Morris, Stillwater, and Wadena.
All of the new testing sites, as well as the mail order program, offer COVID-19 testing to any Minnesotan who wants to be tested, whether they have symptoms or not, and does not require insurance. Some sites will offer nasal swab testing, others will offer saliva testing. They will stay in operation until at least the end of the year to provide sustained testing capacity across the state. See flyer for more information in English, Spanish, and Somali.
Inver Grove Heights
National Guard Armory
8076 Babcock Trail
Opens Nov. 17
No-Cost At-Home Testing for all Minnesotans
Minnesota is proud to offer at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for any person who wants to be tested, with or without symptoms, at no cost. This saliva test is just as accurate as the nasal swab test and is available at no cost for every Minnesotan, whether or not you have insurance. With the COVID-19 positivity rate climbing higher than ever before, expanding access to COVID-19 testing to all communities across the state is critical to keeping Minnesotans informed and safe. More information about this partnership with Vault Medical Services is available Minnesota Department of Health’s website, including information on how to order test
More Testing Resources
- COVID-19 Test at Home (Downloadable PDF)
Free at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for people in select areas.
- Safe Voting: COVID-19
- COVID-19 Community Saliva Testing
- COVID-19 Community Testing
- COVID-19 Community Testing Data
- Interim Guidance on the Management of COVID-19 for Employees and Persons Who Use Services in Licensed Group Homes (PDF)
- COVID-19 Recommendations for Health Care Workers (PDF)
- Minnesota Home Care Provider/Assisted Living Visitation and Activities Guidance Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- COVID-19 Testing Information for Long-term Care Facilities: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)