Recent legislation has passed the Free School Meals bill into law. This will take effect for the 2023-2024 school year. This provides one free breakfast and one lunch to all students.
Recent legislation has passed the Free School Meals bill into law beginning this 2023-2024 school year. Please note important changes:
- This provides one free breakfast and one lunch to all students.
- The price for a second breakfast or lunch/additional meals is listed below under the pricing tab.
- A la carte pricing will remain the same (see pricing tab below).
- Households will still need to complete an Application for Educational Benefits to see if they qualify for other important discounts. A new application must be submitted each year.
If meals are free why should I fill out an application?
Our menu of additional benefits may include:
- Free or discounted fees for middle and high school athletics and activities.
- Fee waivers for college applications and admissions tests.
- Discounted utilities and internet access.
- Discounted school fees for band instruments, textbooks, class fees, and more.
- Helping the school qualify for education funds and discounts.
- See the FAQs below for more details.
The Child Nutrition Program is looking for individuals that enjoy serving children and are willing to work in a clean, fast paced, teamwork oriented environment. Substitute and Regular Kitchen Assistant positions are available for the current school year. This is an excellent opportunity to have a flexible schedule and be at home with your children. Please visit the School District 197 Child Nutrition Employment page to see available positions. Contact the Child Nutrition Office at (651) 403-7320 for more information about joining the team!
The School District 197 Child Nutrition Department is committed to providing nutritious, high-quality meals that appeal to children, help them stay healthy, and give them the energy they need to be successful in the classroom.
All School District 197 schools participate in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.