Bus cards will be mailed out this week. If you do not receive a card by Monday, August 29 please call transportation at 651-403-8320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register your child for bus transportation, please select "Bus Registration Forms" in Transportation Resources below.
Bus transportation is available to:
- Elementary school students (grades K-4) who live more than 0.75 mile from school
- Middle school students (grades 5-8) who live more than 1 mile from school
- High school students (grades 9-12) who live more than 2 miles from school
Who needs to register for the bus?
- All students new to the district
- All high school students (grades 9-12)
- All previously registered students who have had an address change or any other changes for 2022-23 school year needs.
- All non-public school students
Students will not be listed for bus service in the fall unless the Transportation Office receives a completed registration form on or before August 1. Forms received after August 1 will be put on hold. Students may not have bus service for the first two weeks of school or may be transported home by van (elementary) or asked to use the Academic/Activity Bus (middle and high school) until they are assigned to a route. Transportation requests received after the first two weeks of school will be processed within 2-3 business days. Please only register for service when you are sure your child will be riding a bus. Complete one form per child.
Postcards with bus information will be mailed in late August. If you do not receive a postcard, your student is not eligible or registered to use district busing. By registering your student for transportation services you are agreeing to comply with our transportation policies and procedures. The transportation policies can be found on the School District 197 website under School Board – Policy Manual (policies 707, 708, 709). Please note, all students (grades K-12) are dropped off at their stop location regardless of whether or not a parent/guardian is present. Parents should be at the stop 5 minutes in advance of the scheduled time and wait at the stop until the bus arrives. If you have questions, please call Transportation at 651-403-8320.