Welcome to West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area Schools (School District 197). Through personalized learning plans, cutting-edge technology, and the active involvement of community partners, School District 197 takes each student's dreams and turns them into reality.
We are a close-knit community of schools serving all or parts of the communities of Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul.
We have five elementary schools (K-4), two middle schools (5-8), and one high school (9-12). In addition, our birth-to-age 5 Early Learning Program serves families and children during the most critical early developmental years, and our partnership in the TriDistrict Community Education Program encourages, assists, and empowers all people in the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Enroll Your Student
Due to COVID 19, to enroll your child in School District 197 for the 2020-2021 school year, all enrollment forms will be done via email or US Mail. Please contact Andreanna Sontoya, the district's enrollment coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will provide you with the forms you need to complete enrollment. Please be prepared to provide the following documents to help complete your child's enrollment.
- Your child's birth certificate or another form of government-issued proof of age and date of birth
- Residency Verification: Please provide a document that shows the name and address of the parent/guardian or other person having legal custody of the student.
- Acceptable verification documents are: current purchase/lease agreement (signed and dated), current property tax statement, current student loan statement, current payroll statement, current bank statement
- Secondary Proof of Residency: current federal/state/county benefits statement, current healthcare bill, current major utility bill (Xcel Energy or water bill), confirmation letter of change of address with USPS
- Not Accepted for Proof of Residency: updated driver’s license, cell phone bills, cable bills, sanitation bills, department store/credit card bills
- A copy of your child's immunization records
For questions on enrollment, please contact Andreanna Sontoya at email@example.com or 651-403-7030.