The West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area School Board is comprised of seven members from the school district community. The school board is responsible for overseeing and setting the strategic direction of the school district. The public is invited to attend school board meetings and contact members of the school board with questions and concerns regarding School District 197 business. Board members' contact information is posted on the School Board Members page. If you want to email all of the members of the school board in one email, please click here.
Follow What We are Doing
- Review our meeting agendas and minutes, posted in district buildings and here prior to each meeting
- Attend our board meetings
- The regular board meeting is typically held on the first Monday of each month at Mendota Heights City Hall and the work session is typically held the third Monday of each month at the district office. (Dates subject to change-see meeting schedule.)
- All board meetings are open to the public, unless otherwise noted.
- There is a designated time for community comments at all regular meetings.
- Watch our regular board meetings live on cable television Comcast Channel 15/859HD, livestreamed online, (click HERE for livestream then look under "upcoming events" for the 197 School Board meeting - an "in progress" tab will appear approximately 10 minutes before the meeting start time), or via recording under Archived School Board Meetings (lower right) within 48 hours of the meeting.
- Read our district communications and local newspapers for coverage of significant issues
All board meetings are open to the public. A list of agenda items for each work session, regular meeting, and special board meeting is available prior to the meeting.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent/School Board
- The School District 197 School Board consists of seven community members, each elected for a four-year term.
- Superintendent Peter Olson-Skog serves as an ex officio board member and is responsible for implementation of board policies and directives.
The school board of School District 197 has seven members who are elected at large to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years. Please click on the “More on Elections” button below for additional information.