The West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan Area School Board is comprised of seven members from the school district community. The school board is responsible for overseeing and setting the strategic direction of the school district. The public is invited to attend school board meetings and contact members of the school board with questions and concerns regarding School District 197 business. Board members' contact information is posted on the School Board Members page. If you want to email all of the members of the school board in one email, please click here.
Follow What We are Doing
- Review our meeting agendas and minutes, posted in district buildings and here prior to each meeting
- Attend our board meetings
- The regular board meeting is held on the first Monday of each month and the work session is held the third Monday of every month.
- All board meetings are open to the public, unless otherwise noted.
- There is a designated time for community comments at all regular meetings.
- Watch our regular board meetings live on cable television or via recording under Archived School Board Meetings (lower right)
- Read our district communications and local newspapers for coverage of significant issues
All board meetings are open to the public. A list of agenda items for each work session, regular meeting, and special board meeting is available prior to the meeting.
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
The school board of School District 197 has seven members who are elected at large to four-year terms. Elections for school board members are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November in odd-numbered years. The next school board election will be in November 2023.