Two Rivers Theatre Department Shines in Latest Musical Earning Several Hennepin Theatre Trust's Spotlight Education Awards
Congratulations to the Two Rivers Theatre Department for the success of their production, Little Shop of Horrors! Around 40 students participated in many ways—both onstage and off—including set building, props, lighting, sound, stage management, and singing and acting. More than 1,400 attendees visited the Two Rivers Auditorium over seven productions for the musical, which is much more than in previous years.
Grace Barnstead, the Spring Musical Director, stated that in the past, the musical was performed for one weekend, but this year a second weekend was added to give students more opportunities to perform. “We have heard nothing but rave reviews of the show and are so proud of all of the students' work!” One audience member remarked, “If you can’t get to Broadway, go see this show!” We couldn’t agree more and are so proud of our students in the Two Rivers theater program.
Check out the Studio Mendota's photo gallery here.
Photo credits: Studio Mendota
- Overall Production: Honorable Mention
- Overall Performance: Honorable Mention
- Vocal Performance: Honorable Mention
- Run Crew: Outstanding
- Overall Technical Team: Honorable Mention
- Sound Crew: Outstanding
- Light Crew: Honorable Mention
- Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role: Max Oliver-Machuca as Seymour Krelborn
- Honorable Mention in a Leading Role: Emily Christiansen as Audrey, Quinn Hendel as Mr. Mushnik
- Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role: Chloe Holm as Audrey ll (voice)
- Honorable Mention in a Supporting Role: Julia Francis as Orin Scrivello
- Outstanding in Technical Leadership: Gimmick Doboszenski as Puppeteer, Scooter Stoik as Deck Captain
- Honorable Mention in Technical Leadership: Kai Rocke as Costumer
- Evaluator Shout-Out: Chiffon, Crystal & Ronnette Trio, Ensemble Acting, Ensemble Performance
Those students who received an individual honor (Max Oliver-Machuca, Emily Christiansen, Quinn Hendel, Chloe Holm, Julia Francis, Gimmick Doboszenski, Scooter Stoik, and Kai Rocke) will be able to perform and/or be involved in the Spotlight Showcase at the State Theater on June 13. For more information on the showcase, you can check out their website here: http://bit.ly/3yEILeA
Great job, students and everyone involved in this year's production!