Questions & Answers
CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION?
Please contact the District at 651-403-7005 or email@example.com with questions about the EmPowerED Technology Plan.
Parents/guardians are also encouraged to contact their building principal if they have questions about the technology implementation process.
- How was the Technology Plan developed?
- What is Personalized Learning?
- Won’t moving to digital learning just increase “screen time” for kids?
- When will the devices be purchased and distributed to schools/students?
- Will there still be classroom instruction and learning that doesn’t involve technology?
- Will students be given their own iPad or laptop to bring back and forth to school each day?
- What if my child breaks a school-owned device?
- What happens if a school-owned device is stolen?
- Does the District provide insurance for damage, loss or theft of student-owned devices?
- What web filtering systems does the district have in place?
- Does the district have an acceptable use policy?
- Are teachers responsible for troubleshooting and fixing district-owned student devices?
- Will parents need to provide Internet access at home?
- What if a student forgets their device or charger at home?
- What if a student loses or damages their iPad or laptop charger for a school-owned device?
BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE (BYOD) - HENRY SIBLEY HIGH SCHOOL
- What is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)?
- Why would families want to purchase a device for their child?
- Why is it necessary for high school students to bring a device?
- When will devices be necessary at Sibley?
- Won’t there be issues with compatibility—different operating systems, multiple device platforms, etc. with BYOD?
- What are the hardware requirements for high school students who want to bring their own laptop?
- What technology support or help desk options will be available for high school students who bring their own device?
- What if a family is unable to provide their child with a device in grades 9-12?
- Can elementary or middle school students bring their own devices?
- Why aren’t iPads or tablets acceptable for use at Henry Sibley?
- Where can families purchase a device for their high school student?
- Will students who bring their own device need to purchase additional software?
- What devices will Henry Sibley High School provide?
- What is a Hybrid Class?
IPADS - ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS
- Can a student use their own case?
- Can a student add a passcode to their device?
- Can a student change their Apple ID password?
- Can a student change their iPad wallpaper?
- What safety controls/restrictions are on the iPad?
- Do students have access to the App Store?
- Do students have access to iTunes?
- Can a student use Messages?
- Can a student use FaceTime?
- Will my students iPad be checked?